Monday 31 August 2009

Random thoughts

I saw Raaj-The Showman a week back..First a quick review- extremely overhyped terrible movie...Nisha Kothari badly needs a portion from some yogic guru which can make her do something like acting..Power star Puneets close ups are shocking as usual..May be Prem deleted the scene during editing which said Puneet was a superhero..gets boring in between due to excessive fights..But I was having a laugh riot throughout the movie and I dint even walk out of the movie..More because I spent just 20Rs for the movie..Now if you are thinking where on earth will I pay this much for a movie..Let me tell you there still is a place on this planet..Its called "Sri Talkies"...Not in Bangalore but..Its in a town called Sagara..

The theatre has special facilities for women like direct entry to ticket counter without standing in queue probably due to the overwhelming response by women folk..No seat numbers..Rule is to hop on the seat top..Viewers can enjoy the fan which is in almost working condition..Unbroken chairs..Rats and mouses playing hide and seek in the huge unlit playground...My cousin and I were the lucky ones who not just watched the movie but also got out of the theatre uninjured successfully..All the fun and adventure for just Rs20 :)

Sagara is a small town about 380kms from Bangalore which happens to be my native..I have spent my entire vacations here right from my childhood..Its like my second home..A lot of places to see nearby, very famous being Jog falls..Sigandur, Honnemaradu, Holebagilu, Ikkeri, Keladi,varadalli are few others..It falls in the Western Ghats in Malnad region which is more known for the heavy rainfall..Though rainy season is the best time to visit Jog Falls, its tough to navigate places in this season..The roads get clogged due to rains and the rains here never stop..It sometimes rains for 3-4 days continuously nonstop..But thats the beauty here..Family bonding is at its peak here..I have had some of the fondest memories here :D

3 comments:

v said...

OMG!! you saw it already?? My dreams of one day watching a puneeth rajkumar movie is yet to be a reality!! I am soooo crying myself to sleep knowing you watched and I haven't!... yet!

workhard said...

Very graphical description of the theatre...

Domain registration india

Unknown said...

hahahaha, this is so great. such a fun blog, love the description of sri talkies. should have talked about the rs20 ice cream though :D